Organizations use frameworks to achieve compliance, manage risk and strengthen security to achieve business objective. We support many regulatory compliance and security frameworks but a common feedback from our customer was to also let them define the subset of rules that are most relevant to their organization.
We’re happy to announce that this is now possible, and you can define your own custom reports and review the results for your AWS account or organization.
I will walk you through this feature next starting with the pre-requisites, defining your custom reports and then finally reviewing the results.
- Onboard an AWS account or AWS organization to ASecureCloud
- Run an security assessment
Defining your custom reports
Follow these steps to define your custom report :
- Login to your account , under Custom Reports and select Create new report.
- Name your report and save.
- Edit the default group category or add your own category to add rules
you can select rules by either Service ( S3, EC2 …) and/or by security domain ( Data protection , Logging & Monitoring …)
Don’t forget to Save Changes after editing the rules
Retrieving your custom reports
You are now ready to view the results of your custom ruleset:
- Select Assessments from the left menu
- Ensure you have select the right AWS account or Organization
- Find your report in Custom Compliance Standards
Expand by clicking on the Report Card
Upon scanning your AWS account ( or Organization) with ASecureCloud’s CSPM , you are now able to define your own standard alonside the many other compliance frameworks we provide including:
but also standards such as:
✔️ NIST 800-53 & CSF
✔️ CIS AWS Foundations
and country specific like :
✔️ Reserve Bank India(RBI) Cyber Security Framework
✔️ Canada Protected B Medium integrity Medium availability (PBMM)
✔️ Canada GC Guardrails
Let us know what you think of this new capability and don’t forget that you can test drive this and any of our premium features today using the Free tier license.